Guild Wars 2 Contest Terms And Conditions (Twitch)
The rules on this page cover any Twitch-based giveaway contest organized by ArenaNet, LLC, whose address is 3180 139th Ave SE. Bellevue, WA 98005, USA
By participating in an ArenaNet Twitch giveaway contest (“Contest”), you agree to the following:
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THE SELECTION OF THE WINNERS WILL BE MADE AMONG ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS WORLDWIDE. THE PRIZES ARE ALLOCATED TO THE WINNERS WHICH HAVE BEEN SELECTED ON A WORLDWIDE BASIS.
2. Except where regulated or restricted by law, the Contest is open only to participants who are the age of majority or older (eighteen (18) years of age in most jurisdictions) as of the date of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of ArenaNet, and its subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors and licensees, advertising or promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each), and those living in the same household of each are NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN. All federal, state, provincial, municipal, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. The start and end period of any Contest (the “Contest Period“) shall be announced through the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch account.
4. Prizes shall be randomly distributed amongst all the participants of a specific Contest. The method of the Contest will be specified when the Contest is communicated on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch account. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entrants during the Contest Period and the knowledge of the entrants.
5. Prizes for any Contest shall be announced through the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch account (“Prizes”). The total approximate retail value of each prize is no more than $300 or as otherwise specified when the Contest is communicated on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch account. All federal, state, and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
6. Prizes are non-exchangeable, and non-refundable, have no cash value, and must be accepted by the winner as awarded unless the winner waives his/her right to receive a prize. Prizes may not be upgraded, and no substitutions by the winner will be allowed, except that ArenaNet reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should be unavailable for any reason.
7. Winners will be notified by direct message on Twitch. At the sole discretion of ArenaNet, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) potential winner’s failure to timely respond to the notification; (2) the return of the notification as undeliverable; or (3) any other non-compliance with these rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, ArenaNet may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. ArenaNet shall not be responsible or liable for any failure by a potential winner to accept the prize for any reason.
8. You will abide by and be bound by these rules; your entry will not be acknowledged by ArenaNet; ArenaNet nor any of its affiliated companies or the advertising or promotional agencies affiliated with ArenaNet or those affiliated companies, or any of their officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, ArenaNet’s “Affiliates”) are responsible for claims, injuries, death, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of a prize; ArenaNet is not responsible for any inability of a winner to accept a prize for any reason; and by entering the Contest, all entrants further agree that ArenaNet has the sole right to decide all matters relating to the Contest, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure, fulfillment, and disputes from the Contest. Neither ArenaNet nor its Affiliates are responsible for (i) any typographical or other errors in the printing of the promotion materials or the offering or announcement of the prizes, (ii) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (iii) failure of any entry to be received by ArenaNet due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iv) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, or (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest. Although ArenaNet attempts to ensure the integrity of the Contest, neither ArenaNet nor any of the Affiliates are responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Contest, including attempts by entrants or other individuals to circumvent these rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of ArenaNet, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Contest, AreneNet reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these rules, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Contest, and in the event of cancellation or termination, to select a winner from among all eligible non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. If the Contest is terminated by ArenaNet as set forth above, ArenaNet will post notice of such termination on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch account. Proof of submitting an entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by ArenaNet.
10. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD THE ARENANET, ITS AFFILIATES, AND TWITCH HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHT, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACCESS TO ANY MATERIALS, OR FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
11. The Contest, and any disputes that may arise hereunder, shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the state of Washington without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the state of Washington.
12. For any feedback or questions regarding the Contest, you can contact ArenaNet by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A list of winners can be obtained from ArenaNet by emailing email@example.com after the Contest Period has ended.
13. Contests are in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Twitch.