Guild Wars 2 x Razer Episode 5 Gleam.io Sweepstakes Official Rules
Guild Wars 2 x Razer Episode 5 Gleam.io Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. The selection of the winners will be made among all eligible Entrants worldwide. The prizes are allocated to the winners WHO have been selected on a worldwide basis.
These rules (“Official Rules”) apply to the Guild Wars 2 x Razer Episode 5 Gleam.io Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) organized by NC Interactive, LLC, located at 3180 139th Ave. SE, Ste. 100, Bellevue, WA 98005, USA (“Sponsor”), that pertains to Sponsor’s game Guild Wars 2 (the “Game”).
1. Eligibility: Except where prohibited by law, the Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Austria, Finland, France, Germany, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and the United States (including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico), who possess a valid form of identification and are the age of majority or older (18 years of age in most jurisdictions), as of the date of entry and date of prize delivery. Persons identified as “Blocked Persons” or persons subject to applicable sanctions prohibitions, including, without limitation, those persons listed on the U.S. Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control’s Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Sponsor and its corporate affiliate companies, distributors and licensees, advertising or promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each), and those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win. All applicable federal, national, state, provincial, municipal, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these Official Rules available at https://gleam.io/wKUKO/win-gaming-gear-from-guild-wars-2-and-razer (the “Sweepstakes Website”). Noncompliance with any of the eligibility requirements or conditions of participation will result in disqualification.
2. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on 7 November 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on 30 November 2020 (“Entry Period”). Sponsor’s clock will be the official timekeeper of this Sweepstakes.
3. Entry Method: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must access the Sweepstakes Website and register by either (a) inputting your name and email address when prompted or (b) accessing your account on one of the social media sites identified below through the applicable link on the Sweepstakes Website (so that your name and email address are automatically entered) (“Registration”). After completing Registration, eligible participants must then complete one or more of the entry methods listed below during the Entry Period in order to receive entries into the Sweepstakes. Each person completing the Registration and at least one of the entry methods will be entered into the Sweepstakes (“Entrant”). Completing an entry method constitutes entry into the Sweepstakes and Entrant’s consent to and agreement with these Official Rules. The applicable entry methods to receive entries into this Sweepstakes are as follows:
(a) Method #1: Follow one or more of the Razer and/or Game Twitter accounts
To receive an entry, access your Twitter account and follow at least one of the following Twitter accounts during the Entry Period: the Razer Twitter account at @Razer, the Game Twitter accounts at @GuildWars2, @GuildWars2_FR, @GuildWars2_DE, and/or @GuildWars2_ES . ENTRANTS WILL RECEIVE ONE ENTRY PER LISTED GAME TWITTER ACCOUNT FOLLOWED, THUS THERE IS A LIMIT OF FIVE ENTRIES PER PERSON FOR THE ENTIRE ENTRY PERIOD using the “Follow the Game Twitter account” method of entry. If you do not already have a Twitter account, go to Twitter.com and register for a free account.
(b) Method #2: Retweet the Designated Tweet
Sponsor will designate on the Sweepstakes Website a tweet to retweet (“Designated Tweet”). To receive an entry, access your Twitter account and retweet the Designated Tweet during the Entry Period. LIMIT OF ONE ENTRY PER PERSON FOR THE ENTIRE ENTRY PERIOD using the “Retweet the Designated Tweet” method of entry. If you do not already have a Twitter account, go to Twitter.com and register for a free account.
(c) Method #3: Refer a Friend
The Sweepstakes Website will allow you to generate a unique referral link for you to refer friends to the Sweepstakes. To receive an entry, your friend must complete at least one of the entry methods above using your unique referral link. LIMIT OF ONE ENTRY PER PERSON FOR THE ENTIRE ENTRY PERIOD USING THE “Refer a Friend Prewritten Tweet” method of entry.
During the Entry Period, an Entrant may select any or all of the above entry methods to obtain an entry into the Sweepstakes, subject to the specific entry limits for each entry method listed above.
4. Additional Entry Conditions:
(i) Entries made with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities, multiple Twitter accounts, or through the use of any agent or other device or artifice to enter multiple times will be deemed invalid. Any attempts made by the same person to submit more than one entry per method (except as provided above) of entry are void. All entries must be received during the Entry Period. Any entry received before or after the Entry Period is void and will not be eligible for a prize. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the account used to complete the entry method at the time of entry into the Sweepstakes.
(ii) Any entry that is deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be offensive, infringing, immoral, obscene, pornographic, overtly sexual, profane, defamatory, not keeping with the image of Sponsor will be void. Further, any entry that contains trademark, copyright-protected or other proprietary materials for which the entrant has not obtained appropriate assignment of rights, as well as any entry that disparages or portrays Sponsor in a negative light, will be void. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to void any entries from entrants whom Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper or have tampered with the administration, security, or fairness of this Sweepstakes. Entries submitted by automatic, programmed, or like methods will be disqualified.
5. Random Selection of the Winners: One grand prize winner, three first place winners, and three second place winners (each, a “Winner” and collectively the “Winners”) will be selected from among all eligible Entrants on a worldwide basis in a random drawing to be held on 1 December 2020. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or its representatives, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s determination of the Winners is binding and not subject to review or appeal.
6. Winner Verification and Notification: The Winners will be announced on the Sweepstakes Website and may be posted on Game’s Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts on 2 December 2020 and notified via the email used to complete the Entry on the Sweepstakes Website. Winners may be required to furnish additional information, which will be used by Sponsor for the sole purpose of administrating the Sweepstakes. An entrant is not deemed a Winner of any prize, even if the winning notification should so indicate, unless and until (i) the entrant’s eligibility has been verified, (ii) all requirements to claim the Winner’s prize have been fulfilled, and (iii) the entrant has been notified that the acceptance and verification process is complete. Failure to timely respond to the notification or provide information requested, a return of the notification as undeliverable, or noncompliance with these Official Rules will result in such potential Winner being disqualified. Sponsor will have no further obligation to that potential Winner, and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate Winner. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any failure by a potential Winner to accept the prize for any reason.
7.Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) in US Dollars:
The following prize will be awarded to the grand prize Winner (total 1 Winner):
- (1) Razer Iskur gaming chair (ARV: $499 USD)
- (1) Ultimate Edition game code (ARV: $79.99 USD)
- (1) Icebrood Saga Hero Bundle code (ARV: $10.00)
The following prize will be awarded to each of the first prize Winners (total 3 Winners):
- (1) BlackShark V2 Pro wireless headset (ARV $179.99 USD)
- (1) Deluxe Edition game code (ARV: $54.99 USD)
- (1) Icebrood Saga Hero Bundle code (ARV: $10.00)
The following prize will be awarded to each of the second prize Winners (total 3 Winners):
- (1) Naga Pro wireless mouse (ARV $149.99 USD)
- (1) Standard Edition game code (ARV: $29.99 USD)
- (1) Icebrood Saga Hero Bundle code (ARV: $10.00)
The total cumulative ARV of all prizes combined is $1,863.87.
8. Prize Conditions: All prizes will be awarded to the individual who is the authorized account holder of the winning account. If there is any restriction to receiving a prize in the country of a Winner, an alternate prize may, at Sponsor’s discretion, be provided. All federal, state, local, and other tax liabilities (including income and withholding taxes) and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winners may waive their right to receive a prize. All prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable, and have no cash value. A prize may not be upgraded and no substitutions by the Winner will be allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should be unavailable for any reason. Sponsor will not be responsible for any portion of a prize that may not be available due to any event beyond Sponsor’s control. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, outside of manufacturer’s limited warranty, if any, and consist of only the item specifically listed. Warranties regarding prizes (if any) are subject to the manufacturer’s terms, and prizewinners agree to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty. The ARV of prizes is based on the fair market value or cost of goods at the time the Official Rules were printed. Winners are not entitled to any difference between the ARV stated herein and the actual value of the prize at the time the prize is awarded.
9. Prize Delivery: The prizes will be mailed to the Winner’s physical mailing address provided by the Winner to Sponsor. The prize will be delivered within 4-8 weeks of confirmation, subject to availability.
10. General Conditions, Disclaimers, and Licenses:
(i) None of Gleam, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Sponsor, any of their corporate affiliate companies, or their affiliated advertising and promotional agencies, or any of their officers, directors, employees, agents, or representatives (collectively, “Affiliates”) are responsible for claims, injuries, death, losses, or damages of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes, or the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss, or misdirection of a prize.
(ii) Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure, fulfillment, and disputes. Sponsor may assign, delegate, subcontract, or transfer any of its rights or obligations hereunder and may authorize any direct or indirect affiliate of Sponsor to act as Sponsor’s agent for purposes of these Official Rules, including fulfillment of prizes.
(iii) Neither Sponsor nor the Affiliates are responsible for (a) any typographical or other errors in the printing of Sweepstakes materials or the offering or announcement of the prizes, (b) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error or technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any computer equipment or software, or any combination thereof, (c) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (d) communications line or hardware and/or software failures, or (e) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. Entrant understands and acknowledges that such circumstances may cause delay of or changes to the Sweepstakes, including Entry Period dates or prize delivery.
(iv) Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, neither Sponsor nor any of the Affiliates are responsible for the actions of Entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including attempts by Entrants or other individuals to circumvent these Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and in the event of cancellation or termination, to select a Winner from among all eligible non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. If the Sweepstakes is terminated by Sponsor as set forth above, Sponsor will post notice of such termination on the Sweepstakes Website and/or the Sponsor social media accounts. Inclusion in such drawing will be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Proof of submitting an entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by Sponsor.
(vi) By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names and photographs/likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet) without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. Upon request, Winners agree to consent to such in writing. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use Winners’ names and/or likenesses for commercial purposes without further notice and compensation, unless prohibited by law.
12. Limitations of Liability: Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any prize. Sponsor and its Affiliates will have no liability for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance or use of any prize. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and advertising and promotion agencies will have no responsibility for promotional materials that may be illegible, mutilated, altered, forged, duplicated, or tampered with in any way, or for printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors or for any error in the notification or announcement of the prize. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of available prizes stated in these Official Rules. By participating, entrant releases Sponsor and the Affiliates from any claims arising out of any use or disclosure of an entry consistent with these Official Rules. Nothing in these Official Rules should be construed to limit or exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED USD ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,000.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED USD ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,000.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY.
For EU Residents only:
(i) Sponsor shall be fully liable for intent and gross negligence as well as for damages caused by injury to life, body, or health caused by Sponsor.
(ii) In an event of slight negligence, Sponsor shall be liable only for breaches of a material contractual obligation (“cardinal duty”). A cardinal duty in the meaning of this provision is an obligation the fulfillment of which makes the implementation of this contract possible in the first place and on the fulfillment of which the contractual partner may therefore generally rely.
(iii) In a case according to above clause (ii), Sponsor shall not be liable for any lack of commercial success, lost profits, non-foreseeable damages, or indirect damages.
(iv) Liability in accordance with the above clauses (ii) and (iii) shall be limited to the typical and foreseeable damages; however, the liability amount shall not exceed €10,000.
(v) The limitation of liability shall apply mutatis mutandis to the benefit of the employees, agents, and vicarious agents of Sponsor.
(vi) Any potential liability on the part of Sponsor for any warranties and for claims based on the applicable Product Liability Act shall not be affected.
13. English Version Prevails: In the event of any conflict between the English version of these Official Rules and any translation, the English version shall prevail. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision herein shall not affect in any way the validity and enforceability of any other provision in these Official Rules.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: Unless the laws relevant for the domicile of the entrant provide otherwise, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Washington, United States. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Entrants hereby agree that any and all disputes, claims, causes of action, and controversies (“Claims”) arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved by arbitration, pursuant to this provision, at Bellevue, Washington in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Said arbitration shall be conducted by a panel of arbitrators and all proceedings shall be conducted in the English language. In any such arbitration proceedings the arbitrators shall adopt and apply the provisions of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure relating to discovery so that each party shall allow and may obtain discovery of any matter not privileged which is relevant to the subject matter involved in the arbitration to the same extent as if such arbitration were a civil action pending in a United States District Court. Judgment upon any arbitration award may be entered and enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction. NEITHER PARTY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE THAT CLAIM IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON THAT CLAIM. FURTHER, NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ENTRANT WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC OR OTHER PERSONS SIMILARLY SITUATED, OR AS A MEMBER OF ANY CLASS OF CLAIMANTS PERTAINING TO ANY CLAIM SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH BELOW, THE ARBITRATOR’S DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING. NOTE THAT OTHER RIGHTS THAT ENTRANT WOULD HAVE IF ENTRANT WENT TO COURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION. The arbitrator’s authority to resolve Claims is limited to Claims between Sponsor and entrant alone, and the arbitrator’s authority to make awards is limited to awards to Sponsor and entrant alone. Furthermore, claims brought by either party against the other may not be joined or consolidated in arbitration with Claims brought by or against any third party unless agreed to in writing by all parties. No arbitration award or decision will have any preclusive effect as to issues or claims in any dispute with anyone who is not a named party to the arbitration.
15. Country Specific Notices: If any provision of these rules is invalid under the law, rules, or regulations of a particular country, it will only apply to the extent permitted.
16. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by NC Interactive, LLC, 3180 139th Ave. SE, Ste. 100, Bellevue, WA 98005, USA.
17. Winners List: For a list of Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: NC Interactive, LLC, Attn: FUSER Custom Nintendo Switch Sweepstakes, 3180 139th Ave. SE, Ste. 100, Bellevue, WA 98005, USA within 6 months of the expiration of the Entry Period.
18. Disclaimer: The Sweepstakes is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Gleam, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or any other social media site. By participating, you agree that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or any other social media site. Each Entrant agrees that Sponsor shall not have any responsibility, or liability for any injury, damage, cause, or claim of action which arises out of or in connection with Entrant’s use of any social media site.
For any feedback or questions regarding the Sweepstakes, Winners, or prizes, you can contact Sponsor by sending an email to: email@example.com.