Guild Wars 2 Rules of Conduct
The following Guild Wars 2 Rules of Conduct (the “Rules of Conduct”) govern basic interaction within the Guild Wars 2 game and websites. Please be aware that failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in the termination of your Guild Wars 2 game account according to the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement. All capitalized terms used in these Rules of Conduct that are not defined below are defined in the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement, which contains additional rules of conduct.
In addition to these Rules of Conduct, explicit rules affecting your account may be found in the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement. Despite our best efforts to detail the different sections with specific examples, there will always be areas that will ultimately be handled on a per incident basis by the Guild Wars 2 Customer Service Team. Even when not specified, NC Interactive, Inc. (“NCsoft”) and ArenaNet, Inc. (“ArenaNet”) have the sole right and final judgment of how to interpret and apply these rules and guidelines to any specific circumstance and situation, including proper punishment or exception. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Rules of Conduct at any time.
- While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about players, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, reporting players maliciously, attacking a player based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.
- You may not post or communicate any player’s real world information (name, address, account name, telephone number, etc.) through the Guild Wars 2 Game or websites.
- You may not create character names or otherwise transmit, post, link to or facilitate the distribution of any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, hateful, vulgar, racially or ethnically offensive, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or objectionable in a reasonable person’s view imagery or content.
- When communicating in Guild Wars 2 using global chat (including, without limitation, server wide chat and use of the whisper command), you may not spam, flood, or make duplicate posts. For more information, please see the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement.
- You may not impersonate any employee of ArenaNet Inc., NC Interactive, Inc., NCsoft Corporation or their affiliates, or impersonate any other person (including, without limitation, celebrities).
- You may not violate any local, state, national, or international laws or regulations.
- You may not market, promote, advertise, or solicit within the Guild Wars 2 Game or on the official Guild Wars 2 websites.
- You may not modify any part of the Guild Wars 2 client or server software. Also, you may not modify any part of the official Guild Wars 2 websites, other than the official Guild Wars 2 Wiki in accordance with its terms and conditions.
- You may not buy, sell, transfer or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell, transfer or auction) , or offer to transfer, sell or auction, or buy or accept any offer to transfer, sell or auction, any game Account or game Content, including (without limitation) game characters, character attributes, items, objects, currency, credits or copyrighted material, or any other intellectual property owned or controlled by ArenaNet, Inc., NCsoft, the Service, or our licensors, nor may you encourage or induce any other player to participate in such prohibited transaction(s), except as may be specifically authorized by the Service and by ArenaNet or NCsoft, without first obtaining our express written permission.
- You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated or illegal software while using the Guild Wars 2 Game or website.
- You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while in Guild Wars 2 or on the official Guild Wars 2 website.
- You may not organize nor be a member of any pledges or groups within Guild Wars 2 that are based on or espouse any racist, sexist,
anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate mongering philosophies.
- You may not provide false information or intentionally hide any information when registering for your Guild Wars 2 account.
- You may not upload or transmit on Guild Wars 2 or the official Guild Wars 2 websites any copyrighted or trademarked content to which you do not own all rights without the express written permission of the author or the copyright or trademark holder, or promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
- You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running Guild Wars 2.
- You will not upload or attempt to distribute files that contain viruses, corrupted data, or malicious software.
- You will not exploit any bug in Guild Wars 2 and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Guild Wars 2.
- You will not attempt to play Guild Wars 2 on any server that is not controlled or authorized by NC Interactive or its designees.
- You will not create, use, or provide any server emulator or other site where Guild Wars 2 may be played, and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to Guild Wars 2 without the express written permission of ArenaNet or NCsoft.
- You may not use any third-party program (such as a “bot”) in order to automate gameplay functions, including playing, chatting, interacting, or gathering gold or items within Guild Wars 2. You may not assist, relay, or store gold or items for other players who are using these processes.
- You may use the Guild Wars 2 reporting system within the Game to alert the company to in-game issues such as inappropriate behavior, offensive names, the perceived use of a “bot,” or other misconduct. You may not use the Guild Wars 2 reporting system to inflict harm upon or harass another player, to submit false reports, or to cause undue load on our servers. Individuals who abuse the reporting function will be investigated and will face possible account suspension or account termination.
- While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.
- You must abide by the Guild Wars 2 Naming Policy.