Guild Wars Friend/Ships Sweepstakes Official Rules (EU)
Guild Wars Friend/Ships Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS IS A SINGLE SWEEPSTAKES WITH OFFICIAL RULES BASED ON RESIDENCY OF THE PARTICIPANT. THE SELECTION OF THE WINNERS WILL BE MADE AMONG ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS WORLDWIDE. THE PRIZES ARE ALLOCATED TO THE WINNERS WHICH HAVE BEEN SELECTED ON A WORLDWIDE BASIS.
OFFICIAL RULES FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION, ICELAND, MONTENEGRO, SERBIA, SWITZERLAND, TURKEY
1. Eligibility: The Guild Wars Friend/Ships Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to residents of a member state of the European Union, Iceland, Montenegro, Serbia, Switzerland, or Turkey who are the age of majority or older (eighteen (18) years of age in most jurisdictions) as of the date of entry. Residents of Belgium, Italy, Spain, and Sweden are NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN. Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of the sponsor, ArenaNet, LLC (“Sponsor”), and its subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors and licensees, advertising or promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each), and those living in the same household of each are NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these official rules for the Sweepstakes (“Official Rules”) available at GuildWars2.com (“Website”). All federal, state, provincial, municipal, and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:01PM Central European Time (“CET”) on February 2, 2018 and ends at 8:59AM CET on February 28, 2018 (“Entry Period”).
3. How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, eligible participants must submit a story about a relationship the participant developed through Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2. Eligible participants must (i) access the Sweepstakes website form, available at www.guildwars2.com (the “Website”), or (ii) access your account on one of the social media sites identified below (each a “Registration”). Eligible participants must then complete one or more of the entry methods listed below (each an “Entry Action”) during the Entry Period in order to receive entries into the Sweepstakes. Each person completing the Registration and at least one of the Entry Actions will be entered into the Sweepstakes (“Entrant”). Completing an Entry Action constitutes entry (each an “Entry” and collectively, “Entries”) into the Sweepstakes and Entrant’s consent to and agreement with these Official Rules. The applicable Entry Actions to receive Entries into this Sweepstakes are as follows:
To receive an Entry, access your Twitter account and, during the Entry Period, and post a tweet describing or otherwise telling the story of a friendship you developed through Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 using the hashtags “#GW2Friendships” and “#GW2Giveaway”. If you do not already have a Twitter account, go to Twitter.com to register for a free account.
To receive an Entry, access your Facebook account, visit/like the Sponsor’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2 and create a new post on the Sponsor’s Facebook page during the Entry Period describing or otherwise telling the story of a friendship you developed through Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 with the hashtags “#GW2Friendships” and “#GW2Giveaway”. If you do not already have a Facebook account, go to Facebook.com to register for a free account.
To receive an Entry, access your Instagram account and create a post during the Entry Period describing or otherwise telling the story of a friendship you developed through Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 with the hashtags “#GW2Friendships” and “#GW2Giveaway”. If you do not already have an Instagram account, go to Instagram.com to register for a free account.
To receive an Entry, access your Tumblr account and create a post during the Entry Period describing or otherwise telling the story of a friendship you developed through Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 with the hashtags “#GW2Friendships” and “#GW2Giveaway”. If you do not already have a Tumblr account, go to Tumblr.com to register for a free account.
To receive an Entry, access your YouTube account and upload a video during the Entry Period describing or otherwise telling the story of a friendship you developed through Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 with the hashtags “#GW2Friendships” and “#GW2Giveaway”. If you do not already have a YouTube account, go to YouTube.com to register for a free account.
(f) GuildWars2.com Website:
To receive an Entry, visit the Website and complete the Entry form by entering correct and accurate information and describing or otherwise telling the story of a friendship you developed through Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2.
During the Entry Period, an Entrant may select any or all of the above Entry Actions to obtain an Entry into the Sweepstakes.
4. Entry Conditions: Entries must be submitted during the Entry Period to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. Multiple Entries are permitted. Duplicate Entries will not be accepted. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the Entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the account used to complete the Entry Action at the time of entry into the Sweepstakes. Any Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period are void and will not be eligible for a prize.
5. Selection of the Worldwide Winners: There will be 57 winners of the Sweepstakes selected among all the eligible Entrants on a worldwide basis (each a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”). The Sweepstakes will have 2 grand prize winners, (each, a “Grand Prize Winner”) 5 runner-up prize winners (each, a “Second Tier Winner”), and 50 second runner-up prize winners (each a “Third Tier Winner”). The Winners will be selected by random drawing (“Drawing”), which will be held on or about March 1, 2018, from the pool of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. The Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or its representatives, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The list of Winners will be posted on the Website.
Neither Sponsor, nor any telephone network, nor any service provider is responsible for incorrect transcription of Entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any website or online service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries or entries not properly forwarded to Sponsor.
6. Prizes (each a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) in US Dollars:
Prize for each Third Tier Winner (50 in total).
The following Prize will be awarded to each Third Tier Winner:
• A unique, one-time-use code for $10 off a GW2 purchase from For Fans By Fans. (ARV: $10 USD)
Prize for each Second Tier Winner (5 in total).
The following Prize will be awarded to each Second Tier Winner:
• A commissioned portrait of 2 GW2 characters (each winner selects 2 characters by submitting screenshots or other requested information) (ARV: $400 USD)
Prize for each Grand Prize Winner (2 in total).
The following grand Prize will be awarded to each Grand Prize Winner:
• Includes, subject to the Grand Prize Conditions Below
o Travel (flight) for 2 to Seattle WA
o 1 or 2 hotel rooms (at winner and +1’s discretion) for same time period (6 days/5 nights)
o Per diem ($50/day apiece) for winner and +1 for 6 days
o PAX West 2018 Badges (2 sets of 4 1-day badges apiece)
• (ARV: Varies, but not to exceed $10,000 USD per )
The total ARV of all Prizes varies but shall not exceed $22,500.00 USD.
7. Prize Conditions: LIMIT OF ONE PRIZE PER ENTRANT. All costs associated with acceptance or use of the Prize, including but not limited to all applicable taxes, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Winner may waive his/her right to receive a Prize. A Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable, has no cash value, and must be accepted by the Winner as awarded unless the Winner waives his/her right to receive a Prize. A Prize may not be upgraded, and no substitutions by the Winner will be allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize should be unavailable without Sponsor’s fault, even though the Sponsor ordered the prizes from its suppliers.
8. Grand Prize Conditions. The grand Prize package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Seattle, WA, USA; 5 nights’ accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (up to two (2) rooms, single occupancy); $50.00 USD per diem per day each for six (6) days; and two (2) four day sets of PAX West 2018 badges. Total grand Prize may not exceed $10,000 USD per person. In the event the Prize total for an individual exceeds $10,000.00 USD, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, change or remove any portion of the Prize to limit or decrease cost. All travel arrangements will be made through Sponsor’s agent. Grand Prize Winner must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to select travel dates acceptable to Grand Prize Winner. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs associated with prize acceptance and use not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, baggage fees, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of Grand Prize Winner. Unless child of Grand Prize Winner, travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure or a sibling/friend of Grand Prize Winner with the appropriate parental permissions and releases and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If Grand Prize Winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her state of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Grand Prize Winner and travel companions are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to Grand Prize Winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Sponsor is not responsible if PAX West 2018 is delayed, postponed, or cancelled for any reason in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety, no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and Grand Prize Winner will not be reimbursed for tickets. Tickets may be subject to Sponsor’s standard rain-check policies and procedures. By accepting ticket prize, Grand Prize Winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions, and restrictions provided by the ticket. Grand Prize Winner and guest agree to abide by all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do may result in forfeiture of prize.
9. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning any Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period at the time of the applicable weekly Drawing.
10. How to Claim Your Prize: Winners will be contacted by a representative from the Sponsor within three days after being selected a Winner on the platform through which they each submitted the winning Entries, or via email if Entry was through the Website. Winners will receive a message from Sponsor with details of how to collect their Prize. The list of Winners will be posted on the Website. In the event that a Winner cannot be contacted within seven days after Sponsor first attempts to contact the potential Winner, as reasonably determined by Sponsor, or a Winner rejects a Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. At the reasonable discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (a) potential Winner’s failure to timely respond to the notification; (b) the return of the notification as undeliverable; or (c) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its reasonable discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. The Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for any failure by a potential Winner to accept the Prize for any reason. To the extent required by law, Sponsor will provide the Winners with an IRS Form 1099 or equivalent for the value of the applicable prize.
11. Conditions, Disclaimers, and License: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that: (a) he or she will abide by and be bound by these Official Rules; (b) the Entry will not be acknowledged by Sponsor; (c) except where prohibited, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, and Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s affiliated companies or the advertising and promotional agencies affiliated with Sponsor or those affiliated companies, or any of their officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, Sponsor’s “Affiliates”) are not responsible for claims, injuries, death, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes, or the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of a Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Sponsor; (d) Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of a Winner to accept a Prize for any reason unless caused by fault of Sponsor; and (e) except where prohibited, by entering the Sweepstakes, all Entrants further agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure, fulfillment, and disputes from the Sweepstakes. Sections (c) and (e) are not applicable if the Entrant is a resident of Germany. Neither Sponsor nor its Affiliates are responsible for (i) any typographical or other errors in the printing of the Sweepstakes materials or the offering or announcement of the Prizes, (ii) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (iii) failure of any Entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iv) communications line, hardware, and/or software failures, or (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. If the Entrant is a resident of Germany, numbers (i) through (v) only apply if the event is not caused by fault of Sponsor.
Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, neither Sponsor nor any of the Affiliates are responsible for the actions of Entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including attempts by Entrants or other individuals to circumvent these Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason other than fault of Sponsor, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, Acts of God or any other causes which could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and in the event of cancellation or termination, to select a Winner from among all eligible non-suspect Entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. If the Sweepstakes is terminated by Sponsor as set forth above, Sponsor will post notice of such termination on the Website and Sponsor’s Facebook page. Inclusion in such drawing will be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed receipt of such Entry by Sponsor.
For any feedback or questions regarding the Sweepstakes, Prizes, or Winners, you can contact Sponsor by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Release and Indemnification: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD THE SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, INSTAGRAM FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, TUMBLR, AND TWITTER HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHT, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACCESS TO ANY MATERIALS, OR FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. THIS CLAUSE IS NOT APPLICABLE IF THE ENTRANT IS A RESIDENT OF GERMANY.
If the Entrant is a resident of Germany, Sponsor shall only be fully liable for damages if such damages were caused by gross negligence or intentional acts of Sponsor, its employees, agents and officers; in the case of simple negligence Sponsor is only liable for personal injury and death arising out of its negligence; and for breach of contractual obligations which the Entrant could trust not to be breached and which are essential to perform under this agreement and in this case only, liability is limited to the typical foreseeable damages. The Entrant’s rights under the German Product Liability Act remain unaffected. Where liability is excluded or limited, such exclusion or limitation shall also be extended to Sponsor’s parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective employees, agents and officers.
If the Entrant is a resident of the UK, and insofar as is permitted by law, the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s Affiliates will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Sponsor or the Sponsor’s Affiliates. Your statutory rights are not affected.
13. Limitations on Liability: Except where prohibited, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Sponsor and its Affiliates shall not be liable to any Winner or any other person for failure to supply a Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s or its Affiliates’ sole control.
• Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, by accepting a Prize, each Winner grants permission for Sponsor and its agents to use his/her name, voice and/or likeness, and submitted, posted, or otherwise shared Entry story, for advertising, merchandising, promotion and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
• Applicable Law: The Sweepstakes, and any disputes that may arise hereunder, shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the state of Washington without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction, but shall be subject to the mandatory consumer protection provisions of the country of residence of the Entrant. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the state of Washington. Unless the Entrant is a resident of Germany or France, venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the state of Washington. If the Entrant is a resident of France or Germany, the competent court will be determined according to French or German law, respectively.
15. Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes will be run in accordance with the Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor. Each Entrant must comply with the Official Rules and will be deemed to have received and understood the Official Rules by participating in the Sweepstakes. The terms of the Sweepstakes, as set out in the Official Rules, are not subject to amendment or counteroffer, except as set out herein. If any provisions of the Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of the Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
16. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by ArenaNet, LLC, 3180 139th Avenue SE, Suite 500, Bellevue, WA 98005.
17. Winner List: For a list of Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (except residents of Vermont) to: ArenaNet, LLC, Attn: Winner List Guild Wars Friend/Ships Sweepstakes, 3180 139th Avenue SE, Suite 500, Bellevue, WA 98005 by December 31, 2018. A list of the Winners also will be posted on the Website.
18. Disclaimer: The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, or any other social media site. By participating, you agree that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, or any other social media site.