Greetings fellow Tyrians! Allie Murdock here; Community Coordinator at ArenaNet. I’m excited to announce our first Guild Wars 2 Tournament of Legends on 26th-27th April for Europe and 3rd-4th May for North America.
The Tournament of Legends is special because for the first time ever, we’ll award legendary weapons (and more) to the winning team! Other participants will have a chance to win precursors or other components of a legendary weapon, as well as Black Lion Weapon Tickets. In addition, we’ll have some sweet giveaways for viewers, so make sure to tune in for a chance to win!
Tournament of Legends Details
Dates: Saturday 26th-27th April starting at 3pm CET (7am PDT) for Europe, and 3rd-4th May starting at 1pm PDT (4pm EDT) for North America.
Team size: 5
Format: This tournament will be a best-of-three, single-elimination tournament, with the finals being best-of-five. We’ll open sign-ups to everyone, but only 16 teams per region will make it into the Tournament (subject to change). Each region will compete on separate weekends.
Map rotation: This won’t be your standard map rotation, because we will be including Temple of the Silent Storm. As such, we’ll have determined rotations per round.
- Round 1: Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire, Battle of Khylo
- Round 2: Temple of the Silent Storm, Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire
- Round 3: Legacy of the Foefire, Battle of Khylo, Temple of the Silent Storm
- Round 4: Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire, Battle of Khylo, Temple of the Silent Storm, Legacy of the Foefire
Tournament prizes: All prizes are per-player
- 1st place: Choice of Legendary (Eternity excluded), 2,000 gems, 2 Black Lion Weapon Tickets
- 2nd place: Choice of Gift of Mastery or Fortune, Choice of Precursor, 800 gems, Black Lion Weapon Ticket
- 3rd and 4th place: Choice of Gift of Mastery or Fortune, Black Lion Weapon Ticket
- 5th through 8th place: Choice of Gift of Magic or Might, Black Lion Weapon Ticket
- One substitute will be allowed per team, and that substitute will be prohibited from playing for a different team.
- Teams are only allowed to bring a substitute if a player on the roster cannot make it to the games. Substitutes may not be used as an alternate for tactical purposes. The players that play in the finals will be the ones receiving the prizes.
- If a player disconnects during a tournament game, play must continue. The match game will not be restarted.
- In the event of a server crash or other event that causes all players to disconnect, the match game will be restarted.
- Play will begin when all players have pressed the ready button, or when the judge manually begins the match game. Judges will manually begin a game after all players have entered into the map and the judges have told the players to leave spectator mode.
- If all players are not present and ready at the designated start time, judges will wait no longer than 5 minutes to start the game.
- In the event of a tie-breaker game, the team with the highest cumulative player score will be declared the winners.
Sign-ups will be opening on 4th April pending no bumps in the road. Keep an eye on GuildWars2.com, as we’ll announce the sign-ups here first.
Special thanks to Josh Davis, Blu, Sireph, and Shadowplasm for co-coordinating this with us.