The next World Tournament Series champions will be crowned at gamescom in Cologne, Germany, on 8th August 2015. If glory isn’t enough of a reason for you to compete, how does an opportunity to represent your region on an international stage and play for $50,000 USD sound? Read on below to find out how you and your team can sign up for a chance to compete!
The Road to Cologne
Teams will earn an invitation to compete in the World Tournament Series by placing highly in the weekly North America and Europe ESL Go4GuildWars2 Cups during the month of May. These are weekly tournament events hosted in both North America and Europe featuring cash prizes for top teams, gem rewards for high performers, and even a Mini Llama for teams that manage to win a single round.
The eight highest ranking teams at the end of the month of May (determined by total Go4 points) will be invited to the World Tournament Series Invitational Qualifier, the gateway to the World Tournament Series Championship. The invitational qualifier will then take place on 6th June 2015. The top North American team and the top two European teams from the invitational qualifier will each earn a ticket to the World Tournament Series Championship finals in Cologne.
For now, stay focused on the important things—assemble your teams, begin practicing, and aim for a top-eight slot in the ESL Go4GuildWars2 Cups in May! There are five total cups next month, so you have plenty of time to gather your allies and venture into battle. Click on the appropriate region below to sign up for next month’s first cup:
- Go4GuildWars2 Weekly Cup for May #1—3rd May 2015
- Go4GuildWars2 Weekly Cup for May #2—10th May 2015
- Go4GuildWars2 Weekly Cup for May #3—17th May 17 2015
- Go4GuildWars2 Weekly Cup for May #4—24 May 2015
- Go4GuildWars2 Weekly Cup for May #5—31 May 2015
- World Tournament Series Invitational Qualifier—6th June 2015
- World Tournament Series Championship in Cologne—8th August 2015
As always, players will need to meet certain eligibility requirements in order to participate in the World Tournament Series.
- All participants must be at least 18 years of age (or age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence—whichever is greater).
- All participants must be legal residents of the European Union (for the purposes of this tournament, Iceland, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, and Turkey will be deemed part of the European Union), the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- All participants must be current residents or citizens of the region their teams are representing. The tournament organizer reserves the right to require proof of residency or citizenship (as applicable). Failure to provide proof in a form acceptable to the tournament organizer may result in disqualification.
- Teams will submit their rosters for the World Tournament Series Invitational Qualifier after the final cup has taken place.
If you have any questions on qualifying, eligibility, or other topics, please don’t hesitate to drop by the PvP forums and ask.
We’ll see you in the Mists.