Thank you all for such an overwhelming turnout to the Tournament of Legends!
We’ve seen well over 200 teams register to battle it out for their chance at a legendary weapon! Because the community came out in such strong support of this tournament, we have been working together with the folks over at Mistpedia, who are organizing this tournament, to accommodate as many teams as possible. As a result, we have some changes to announce.
Originally, the tournament was going to hold 16 teams per region. That number has now been quadrupled to 64 teams per region for a total of 128 teams. In order to accommodate all the extra teams, two additional rounds have been added. To allow for enough time to complete these rounds, the 32- and 64-team rounds will be a best of one. Start times for the tournament have also changed to make sure everything stays on track. For EU the start time has been moved to 12:00 CEST, and for NA the tournament start time is now 12:00 EDT. Stream times will remain the same.
In addition to extending the number of teams included, we will also be extending rewards to cover the top 32 teams. Teams placing 9 – 16 will receive 77 Mystic Clovers and all teams in the top 32 will receive the new Llama Finisher.
Because the turnout was so high for this tournament we have decided to hold another Tournament of Legends in June or July. We do not have the details on that tournament yet but we wanted to let you know that we are setting plans in motion to make it happen so you can get your teams together and start practicing now. For the next tournament, will be working to include even more teams —so if you didn’t make it in this time or you get knocked out, your chance for glory will come again!
Before I sign off, I want to give some special shout outs to Mid-Atlantic Kombat and ESL Guild Wars 2 for volunteering to help out the crew at Mistpedia in order to cover the additional teams. You folks make this community great!
I’ll see you in the game!
Updated Tournament of Legends Details
EU Tournament of Legends, 26th – 27th April
Play starts at 12:00 CEST
Streams start at 16:00 CEST (10:00 EDT)
NA Tournament of Legends, 3rd – 4th May
Play starts at 12:00 EDT
Streams start at 16:00 EDT (22:00 CEST)
The tournament is single elimination. Rounds 1 and 2 will be best of one. Rounds 3 – 5 will be a best of three, and the finals will be best of five. Each region will compete on separate weekends.
- Round 1: Temple of the Silent Storm
- Round 2: Forest of Niflhel
- Round 3: Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire, Battle of Khylo
- Round 4: Temple of the Silent Storm, Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire
- Round 5: Legacy of the Foefire, Battle of Khylo, Temple of the Silent Storm
- Round 6: Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire, Battle of Khylo, Temple of the Silent Storm, Legacy of the Foefire
All prizes are per-player
- 1st place: Choice of Legendary (Eternity excluded), 2,000 gems, 2 Black Lion Weapon Tickets, Llama Finisher
- 2nd place: Choice of Gift of Mastery or Fortune, Choice of Precursor, 800 gems, Black Lion Weapon Ticket, Llama Finisher
- 3rd and 4th place: Choice of Gift of Mastery or Fortune, Black Lion Weapon Ticket, Llama Finisher
- 5th through 8th place: Choice of Gift of Magic or Might, Black Lion Weapon Ticket, Llama Finisher
- 9th through 16th place: 77 Mystic Clovers, Llama Finisher
- 17th through 32nd place: Llama Finisher
- One substitute will be allowed per team, and that substitute will be prohibited from playing for a different team.
- Teams are only allowed to bring a substitute if a player on the roster cannot make it to the games. Substitutes may not be used as an alternate for tactical purposes. The players that play in the finals will be the ones receiving the prizes.
- If a player disconnects during a tournament game, play must continue. The match game will not be restarted.
- In the event of a server crash or other event that causes all players to disconnect, the match game will be restarted.
- Play will begin when all players have pressed the ready button, or when the judge manually begins the match game. Judges will manually begin a game after all players have entered into the map and the judges have told the players to leave spectator mode.
- If all players are not present and ready at the designated start time, judges will wait no longer than 5 minutes to start the game.
- In the event of a tie-breaker game, the team with the highest cumulative player score will be declared the winners.
Teams and Brackets:
Please visit Mistpedia for an updated list of teams and brackets.