CITIZENS, I have an important announcement to make.
Previously, we’ve talked about a feature called guesting, which allows you to play with your friends on other worlds. The wait is over! Guesting is coming to a world near you with our update on January 28th!
Before I go into more detail about how it will work and what kinds of restrictions exist, I want to talk about a very important change that will come with the introduction of guesting: free world transfers will no longer be available. With the current restriction of one transfer every 7 days in place, make sure that you will be on the world you intend to play on before January 28th, because after that date, you’ll have to pay a gem fee to transfer worlds.
With that out of the way, here is how guesting works:
Guesting allows you to play on a world other than your home world. Just follow these steps:
- On the character select screen, click the “World Selection” button.
- Choose a world you would like to guest on and select the “Guest” button.
- Select any of your characters and select “Play” to log in to the world you picked.
Guesting comes with a few restrictions:
- Because (different from a world transfer) we are not moving your character between data centers, you may only guest on worlds in the same region as your home world. Players on North American home worlds cannot guest on European worlds or vice versa.
- You may not participate in World vs. World on your guest world. If you choose to enter World vs. World on the world you are guesting on, you’ll be moved back to your home world. If you want to play World vs. World on the world you’re guesting on, you must perform a full world transfer to that world.
- You’re eligible to guest on only 2 different worlds at a time. Each time you guest on a world, that world becomes one of your eligible guest worlds for the next 24 hours. After 24 hours, you may choose to guest on a different world. You may log in to any world you are eligible to guest on as many times as you wish with no restriction.
- Guesting on worlds that are full or highly populated increases your risk of being put into an overflow map.
As I mentioned above, with the introduction of guesting there will no longer be free world transfers:
- Transferring to a new home world will now cost a gem fee.
- The gem fee for world transfers is based on the population of the world you want to transfer to. Transferring to a high population world will be more expensive.
- Each account is still limited to one world transfer every 7 days.
- Players will still not be able to transfer to worlds that are “Full.”
I am sure many of you are happy to finally being able to play on other worlds with your friends without having to leave your home world, so go forth and guest to your heart’s content (and hug the next quaggan you meet).