Thank you so much for your continued support of our games. As part of an effort to make our rules and policies clearer and more consistent, we are making updates to some of our legal documentation. These updates will take effect as of May 5, 2021. To view the new documents, please click here. The old documents will be available here until the new documents take effect.
We recommend reviewing the new documents fully. They provide valuable information on the legal requirements you’re subject to when accessing our games and services, creating derivative works like fan art, and engaging in other community activities. It’s important to read the documents in their entirety to understand them, but we’ve summarized some key points to be aware of.
Among other changes, the updated legal documentation:
- Standardizes terms governing dispute resolution, arbitration, governing law, and venue for all our games. For example, these standardizations mean that disputes relating to our games and related services will generally be subject to arbitration.
- Reinforces and expands on prohibitions against using certain types of third-party programs in connection with our games.
- Clarifies and reemphasizes age restrictions. Children 12 and younger may not access our games or services, and persons between 13 (subject to local law) and 17 require an adult legal guardian to accept our legal documentation on their behalf.
- Defines “Virtual Goods” to include various in-game currencies and similar offerings used in our titles.
- Explains and reinforces our refund policy, including circumstances under which refunds are not available.
- Establishes rules for accessing our games and services using accounts made through third-party platforms.
- Clarifies rights, ownership, and appropriate use of our intellectual property, user generated content, and third-party intellectual property.
- Details procedures for DMCA counter-notices.
- Provides details on how we monitor player violations of legal requirements and terms of service, including our enforcement rights and account termination procedures.
If you have any questions after reviewing the full documentation, please reach out to us using our official support page.